So, the state of California is going to boycott my state of Arizona. Guess what? I am going to do the same to your state! Here's some things to think about before you decide to be so smug.
1) Governor Jan Brewer made the decision to put these new laws into effect. She took the place of Janet Napolitano after Janet went to Washington to work for President Obama. WE didn't elect her! As a matter of fact, some of us cannot stand her. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who thinks like she does.
2) Thousands of Arizonans vacation in California, especially duing the summer. My family used to live in California, and vacations there almost every summer. Guess our dollars don't mean anything to your tourism.
3) Did you ever stop to THINK how many Hispanic owned businesses (by LEGAL Hispanic immigrants) will be affected by this boycott? You are cutting off your nose to spite your face! Why are you punishing everyone in our state for the decision made by a few government representatives?
4) The illegals that leave our state are either going to move back to Mexico, or are going to move to other states. Not only will you inherit our illegals, but the crime that comes along with some of them. It will be interesting to see what the crime rate does in the next year or two. I wouldn't be surprised if your crime rate goes up and ours goes down.
5) Your state is broke! Our state has economic issues but you are in worse shape than we are. Do you think that it's a wise move to make waves at this time?
6) Your state says that it is going to boycott several of the large industries in our state. Did it EVER occur to you that those companies had NOTHING to do with this new law. They didn't force the governor to pass this bill. Besides that, we can turn around and do the same to some of your large industries.